There’s like a million different ways to say “I love you”
“put your seat belt on”
“watch your step”
“get some rest”
..you just gotta listen"
Kanye West (via fuckinq)
Kudzai and I relate heavily to this quote.(via 2amconversations)
1. I want to melt into your blood and live in your veins. I think if you cut them open, stars would spill out.
2. I think your laugh is the only thing keeping me alive.
3. Your voice gets stuck in my head. It plays on a constant loop in my mind. I smile every time you open your mouth.
4. I want to wrap myself around you until neither of us can breathe.
5. I think that when you were little you would stare at the sun and it’s light burned into your eyes because they’re so fucking bright I feel my skin get hot when you look at me.
6. If someone asked me to define poetry I would show them a picture of you.
7. I want to run away with you. Let’s get on a train and leave. There’s nothing left here. You’re all I need.
8. There are flowers growing up your arms and stars in your fingertips. The sky is in your teeth and the ocean is in your ribcage. You think you’re nothing but you’ve got the entire world inside you.
9. I have this reoccurring nightmare where I’m falling and falling and I wake up screaming. I hate it but god I wouldn’t mind falling into you.
10. You taste like the galaxy.
11. Sometimes my heart hurts so much that I tear myself apart trying to rip it out of my chest. You are the only one who knows how to put me back together when it’s all over.
12. I miss you even when you’re here.
13. I see you in everything, everywhere I go. I can’t get away from you. I love it.
14. You’re like a drug. Your smile gets me dizzy. I black out when you touch me. I’m so addicted to you.
15. You know which lines of my favorite book make me cry and that I talk in my sleep. You know that I bite my lip when I’m nervous and laugh a lot when I’m scared. You know about the scars on my right hip and the cigarettes hidden in the back of my closet. You know how many freckles I have on my cheeks and how many packets of sugar I pour into my coffee. I hope you know how much I love you."
Don’t fall in love with a curious one.
They will want to know who you are, where you come from, what your family was like.
They will look through your photographs and read all of your poems. They will come over for dinner and speak to your mother about how their curiosity has taught them things of use to her. They will ask you to rant when you’re angry and cry when you’re hurt.
They will ask what that raised eyebrow meant. They will want to know your favorite food, your favorite color, you favorite person. They will ask why.
They will buy that camera you liked, pay attention to that band you love in case there’s a show near by, they will get you the sweater you smiled at once. They’ll learn to cook your favorite meals.
The curious people don’t settle for your shell, they want the insides.
They want what makes you heavy, what makes you uneasy, what makes you scream
for joy, and anger, and heartbreak.
Their skin will turn into pages
that you learn to pour out your entire being in.
Don’t fall in love with the curious one.
They won’t let a sigh go unexplained.
They will want to know what they did
Exactly what they did to make you love them.
Year, month, week, day.
“What time was it? What did I say? What did I do?
How did you feel?”
Don’t fall in love with a curious one because I’ve been there.
They will unbutton your shirt
and read every scar
They will dissect your every limb, every organ, every thought, every being
then walk back home and eat their dinner and never return your calls.
You will never be their lifelong expedition. The heart is a mystery only for so long.
There is no ache like loving a curious one
who chases every falling star and never catching one.
Who comes and sees and conquers
I’ve fallen in love with a curious one.
Maybe one day he will take the train back home
and be curious enough to read one last message from me
carved on a seat.
"There’s a curiosity in you that will move mountains some day
as effortlessly as you’ve moved me for years.”